Sunday, August 22, 2010

Beach House Stories

Over the last two years I have been writing a series of stories I call The Beach House Stories. They are about a single family and their summers at their beach house. I never planned for it to be a series. I wrote the one that will come last in the collection first. Then I was inspired to write another one, using the same characters, but two years earlier, and the series was begun.

I now have 4 beach house stories, and I believe they are some of the best stories I've written. In fact, 4.5 really. I wrote another perspective on one of them, and thus far, that's the only one to have been published. Here: http://bit.ly/aZIaDv The others have been out, some several times, but so far, no joy.

I think I need to write more of these stories. Probably another 3 or 4, and put them together as a collection. It won't be a novel, but it could be an interesting short story collection or novella. One story for each summer from when my narrator is 4 until that last summer, at 11. Although where and how to publish it is another question.

Just another thing to add to my list of writing jobs. I think I need to win the lottery so I can quit my day job.

No comments:

Post a Comment