Friday, August 20, 2010

The plan

I'm not great at sticking to plans, but I have a lot on my plate the next few weeks in terms of writing, so I thought I'd try to write a plan of action. Having finally (I hope) fixed my plot problem in P & P, I'm going to do my line edits tomorrow night. Then I can put that book aside for a couple of weeks and work on something else.

Unfortunately no great inspiration as to what to do with Angels has struck me, so I'm going to leave that another week. We have a big reviewing marathon coming up for these novellas, and if I'm still stuck by then, maybe a review or two might give me a few ideas to kickstart that again.

There is also a big review marathon coming up in my YA Novel workshop, so this week's focus has to be Assignment 9. Changing Casey's age to 17 may not sound like a big deal, but it will change a lot of other aspects of the NOW part of the story. I think I'm going to attack this rewrite in a very different way than I have any other. I'm going to break the two stories apart and work on each individually, as if they were two mini-novels. NOW needs more work than the assignment sections, so I will deal to that first, then revisit the assignment and see if I can't tidy it up some. Then, when I'm done, I can weave them together again. I'm hoping that by doing that, each story will end up being more complete and linear. Maybe it's a crazy approach. Maybe not. I've never done it before, so who knows. If it ends up being terrible, I can always go back to the existing draft and try again from there.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment