Saturday, October 2, 2010

Australia

Well, I made it. The trip was a little stressful, especially getting two small children through the throngs at Sydney airport, but we managed to get to Canberra. My suitcase didn't though.... Apparently it happens a lot in Canberra. There were about 10 other people in the queue to complain about their bags not arriving. Weird that the kids' bag made it though, when mine didn't.

But in the end I got it. A courier delivered it at just after 7pm, so I didn't have to go to bed without brushing my teeth. And the trip back will be less trying because we're flying through Melbourne instead of Sydney.

Yesterday we went to the glassworks where you can watch artists and students blowing glass. It looks incredible. I'm hoping to use it as a background for a story because I can see so much potential for it as a setting. Huge amounts of frustration, searing heat, a real dependence on your team members to help you out, be there at the right time or the piece will be ruined. It's something that I'll mull on for a while, but don't be surprised to find it in there at some point.

Hoping to get some re-writes on Angels done while I'm here, but so far haven't found the time to even look over my revision notes. The newspapers are too good here. Too much to read...

No comments:

Post a Comment