Sunday, May 1, 2011

I need you...

I just looked at the number of followers this blog has, and was shocked to see there are almost 100 of you! Why, hello there! Hello! Wow! Pressure's on to be entertaining and informative now. Wonder if I can live up to the challenge.

Over the past few weeks, I've been visiting many of your blogs and have been so impressed by the diversity of interests you all have, and how many writers there are struggling with the exact same journey I'm on.

So I'm going to ask for your help. I have just finished a new draft of a book, and need people to read it. Really read it. Tell me where it drags, where the characters act in incomprehensible ways, where the writing is clunky and awkward, where things are confusing or boring, and to give me an overall impression of the book. Would any of you like to read for me? I'd be happy to return the favor and do a read of your work in return.

Ideally, I'd like readers who either write or have an interest in contemporary and literary fiction. The book, Chasing the Tail Lights, is contemporary YA.

Is anyone interested? You can let me know in the comments or email me at katelarkindale(at)gmail(dot)com.

4 comments:

  1. I would offer, as I'd love to read your work and would love feedback on my own project, but this time of the year is murder for me. If you still need someone in a couple of months, please let me know! I'd totally love to help out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I've given you an award over at my blog. I know you already have several, but if you feel like picking it up just pop on over :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate:

    I am definitely game. I would love to read your work and help out.

    I don't write it, but I read a lot of contemporary/literary fiction and YA books.

    You can email me at Melanie.M.McCullough@gmail.com

    My blog is melaniemccullough.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely, I'd love to read your work!

    julianalbrandt at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete