Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Dark YA 3

The good people at YATopia are running this fantastic blogfestthroughout November. So, every Wednesday (or Thursday if you're on my side of the world) I will be posting something on that topic.

This week's challenge? Music and Movie Fun—Take a dark YA book and build a soundtrack for it or cast characters for a movie version.

This one really has me scratching my head. I want to do the movie casting, but I'm having a dilly of a time coming up with actors young enough to play the characters in any YA. The movies I watch tend to be rather obscure and invariably foreign, so the actors I know are not ones my blog readers will necessarily recognize.

But I'll give it a shot. The book I'm casting is Hannah Moskowitz's Break.


Annasophia Robb

Anna Sophia Robb as Charlotte

Callan McAuliffe

Callan McAuliff as Jesse

Ezra Miller

Ezra Miller as Jonah

Nicola Peltz

Nicola Peltz as Naomi

So that's your core cast. There's a baby in there, but babies can be played by anyone. Plus parents, but really, are the parents the main focus of the book?

Do these actors look like the characters as you pictured them?

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have cast a baby or the parents either. Just stick to the important people. : )
    Good choices for Naomi and Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice for a book to cast. I loved Break and love Hannah Moskowitz. Yay. I think you especially got Naomi spot on. Everyone is great. I had a hard time finding young enough people to cast as well. This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete