Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Crazy stuff

This week has been a disaster as far as writing goes. I've managed about an hour, and that was just revising an not working on my WIP. I hate it when life gets in the way of my writing! But I guess it's unavoidable. At the end of the day, if my family is going to eat, I need to work the day job and do it as well as possible. And sometimes that means bringing work home at night. And that means I get no writing done.

It's worse when I have real momentum happening and getting dragged away from my book hurts. At least I'm not there yet with Sour Plum. I'm still finding my way into it. But I do worry that a few days (a week almost) away from it, will make it even harder to start again.

How do you cope when your writing routine is interrupted?

2 comments:

  1. It's the worst when you can't stop thinking about writing and wanting to write, but you just don't have the time. :/ Generally, when that happens, I amble through life preoccupied until I can find time to write again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good plan. I just wish I had time to be pre-occupied! Everything else is taking up way too much of my brain space this week.

      Delete