Sunday, August 12, 2012

From one thing to the next

And yes, the Festival is over!  I'm still exhausted, but I'll come right.  I'm going to finish work early today and get a good night's sleep.  Then try to get back to normal from tomorrow.

Except this week is WriteOnCon, so not quite back to normal.  If you don't know about it, WriteOnCon is an online writing conference for all kinds of kidlit from picture books to YA.  This is my third year as a participant and I can't recommend it more highly.

Not only are there fantastic workshops to take part in (unfortunately most of them happen in the middle of my night, so I tend to miss them), but there are critique forums for queries, openings and first pages.  Ninja agents trawl these forums and you never know when one might request pages!

Oh, and it's free!  That's the best part.  And all the live sessions are archived so if, like me, you live on the other side of the world, it doesn't matter.

Are you taking part this year?  If so, let me know!  I'll look you up.  I'm there as Vampyr14....

No comments:

Post a Comment