Friday, January 4, 2013

Best of 2012

With 2012 ending, I've had to do my usual round up of the best films of the year.  So I thought I'd share them with you here in case you're looking for some quality cinema to entertain you.  I don't like the Top Ten List format because it's always way too difficult to rank films in any particular order.  I mean what's better: the film that made you ache with melancholy and stayed with you for weeks or the one that made you laugh out loud?  They're both great movies, but you can't compare them.

So, in no particular order, here are my top picks of movies in 2012.


The Sessions
Moonrise Kingdom
Amour
We Need To Talk About Kevin
Martha Marcy May Marlene
Headhunters
Searching for Sugar Man
The Descendants 
Sound of My Voice
The Imposter
King of Devil's Island
Margaret



What were yours?

6 comments:

  1. I am desperate to see The Imposter! Was it good? I would love to write a book along similar lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awesome. One of those stories you wouldn't believe if it was fiction.

      Delete
  2. The only one I've seen from your list is The Descendants. I missed out on a lot of movies this year because I stayed in to watch Netflix or I was reading books or writing. Moonrise Kingdom in particular. I'm going to add some from your list to my Netflix list and get caught up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you do, let me know what you think. Especially if you hate one of them. I love a good arguing session about movies!

      Delete
  3. I want to see The Descendants, though I've heard its super sad..

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't find it all that sad. Melancholy, yes, but not weep your eyes out sad....

      Delete