Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Dream Destinations and more!


Blog-Hop
To celebrate the launch of their books
Soul Cutter and The Ghosts of Aquinnah
Lexi Cain and Julie Flanders are holding an awsome blog hop.
If you could travel anywhere in the world, 
where would you go?
Beaches of Hawaii? Slopes of Vail? Cancun, Paris, or Rome?
Where is your Dream Destination?

Before I tell you where in the world I'd love to go (okay, while I think hard about it), let me share the gorgeous books being launched today.
18753339I'm lucky enough to be Lexa's critique partner, so I've already had the good fortune to have read Soul Cutter.  And even if she wasn't my bestie, I'd be urging you to read this one.  Lexa writes the best action scenes, and this book is a heart-stopper from start to finish.  I seriously could not recommend it more highly.

Soul Cutter
 BUY LINKS:
18619685Julie's book sounds great too.  I mean, who doesn't like a good ghost story on a dark and stormy night?  

Now... My dream destination.  You know, this is a tough one.  I've traveled all my life and I've been a lot of wonderful places.  Before I had kids, when life got boring in one place, it was easy enough to pack up and move somewhere else.  Now I've been living in New Zealand longer than I've ever lived anywhere in my life.  Isn't that freaky?

So for my dream destination, I've gone back to my childhood dreams.  When I was about ten, I saw a movie about an archaeologist (no, not Indiana Jones.  I can't remember the name of the film) and it looked like such an exciting profession.  I mean, uncovering priceless, ancient treasures?  Ducking curses and booby traps set by ancient cultures?  How exciting!  I spent hours in museums in every city I visited, studying the artifacts pulled from pyramids and tombs.

Yet despite my worldly ramblings, I have never set foot on the African continent.  I've never been to Egypt.  And I'd love to go and see the place that really started my childhood dream.  Of course I didn't actually become an archaeologist, but that curious, daring little girl still lives inside me and she would love to come face to face with the Sphinx or see the pyramids.

And of course, Egypt is where my dear friend Lexa lives, so if I was to go, there would definitely be a day or two reserved for seeing her and letting her show me the Egypt she knows.  It's always different when you see a place with someone who actually lives there and knows the place in a way you never can as a tourist.

What would your dream destination be?

31 comments:

  1. I was dying to see what you'd pick, but I never guessed it would be Egypt. Great choice! If you come we'll have the best time! Thanks very much for putting up both covers and for the kind words. You're such a sweetie! Don't forget to go to our blogs and enter the giveaway! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Egypt is up there on my places to visit one day...:) Huge congrats, Lexi and Julie:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great choice! You could visit with Lexa there. :)

    Thanks so much for taking part in our Hop! I'm so glad to meet you, Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Egypt would be fascinating to visit. I've seen the King Tut traveling exhibit. But imagine seeing all those treasures in Egypt and then touring the pyramids. Trip of a lifetime. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Egypt would be an awesome destination. Not only because you could see such age-old sites, but you'd have a ready-made tour guide and friend there, to boot. Sounds perfect!

    Nice to meet you. Count me in as your newest groupie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Egypt would be a great place to visit. I've seen it listed as a dream destination on many blogs today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to see Egypt someday, and other places in Northern Africa. I've also wanted to visit Kenya ever since seeing the film Nowhere in Africa.

    At the moment, my dream destination is Iran.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand we don't know each other, but if you are going to Egypt, I'm coming with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Egypt! A land of adventure and exploration. Excellent choice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Egypt is a great choice, and it's very sweet that part of the reason is friendship. I hope you get to go someday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah! Egypt is a great choice! I would also love to visit Africa! There are so many wonderful places! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Egypt is a wonderful choice, and so is the whole continent of Africa! I've never been there either.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like we should charter a plane....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Funny, I just downloaded an audio book on the History of Ancient Egypt. It's definitely a fascinating place!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yes, Egypt! Now there's a historical place to explore. :)

    http://shahwharton.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Egypt is an amazing place. We lived for a year in Cairo. One of my fav haunts was the National Museum in Tahir Square. The turmoil there now saddens as the people are so very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Egypt is one of those places I'd love to go too. There are so many amazing things there to see. I'm not sure if I'll ever make it, but it'll always be on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yup, I'd love to go to Egypt and Greece too. So much ancient history. Just thinking about all the people who have stood on a particular spot before me...that energy. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Egypt is indeed the perfect place to choose for this hop.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful idea! I'd also love to see Egypt. And Al Khazneh- where one of my favortie archeologists had his last crusade!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Egypt! I'd love to see the pyramids. Sad that it isn't as safe for touring as it was before.
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I agree that seeing a place with someone who lives there is the greatest. I just read about Egyptian artifacts and D.G. Husdon's Rainforest Writing right before I came here! So yes, Egypt sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  23. An African safari would be amazing! Then off to the Egyptian pyramids and wow! What a trip that would be!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How cool. Egypt would be really neat to see. The pyramids must be breath-taking in real life. Good pick =)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice choice. Egypt would be fascinating in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Egypt is such a great choice. I hope to get there someday too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great choice! Would love to go on a boatrip on the Nile then see the Pyramids one day experience the culture and history. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Like you, I was fascinated and slightly obsessed with Egypt as a kid. Had many, many books about the Egyptian culture. One day I really need to go there.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Egypt would be an exciting trip. The pyramids and Cairo seem like once in a lifetime experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Egypt is yet another place on my list of destinations. I wanted to be an archaeologist, too! I've seen old photos of the sphynx that are just remarkable.

    The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yes, I'd love to pop over (or in my case pop "up" since we're "continental buddies") and visit Egypt... really fascinating history...
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete