Thursday, July 30, 2015

Celebrate the Small Things 31-7-15


This post is part of  Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things (Lexa has just taken it over from VikLit who has hosted it for the last 2 years). Head on over there to join up! 

So, what am I celebrating this week?



The main thing?  I actually hit the 30K I pledged to do for Camp NaNo!  On Monday I was pretty sure I wouldn't make it, but a bit plot twist happened on Tuesday, and the rest of the week kind of wrote itself.  I'm pretty close to the end of the book now, so I think I should be done with the draft within the next 3 weeks - assuming I can keep up the pace.  

Unfortunately I think the book is pretty terrible.  But I almost always do when I finish a draft.  And at least I have something terrible to work with.  Just not for a while.  Once I finish this draft, I HAVE to start revising last year's NaNo book.   Then it will probably be November, and time to write another NaNo book (I have an idea for it already), so this book I'm almost finished probably won't get revised until next year.

I've been enjoying the film festival.  So far my highlight has been a film called Listen to Me Marlon, a documentary about Marlon Brando using his own words to tell the story.  It was fascinating.  More films tonight and tomorrow night, plus I'm on my work's film quiz team tomorrow.

What are you celebrating this week?

8 comments:

  1. Plot twist, awesome! I'm glad you met your goal. And terrible is pretty good in first draft terms. That's what revising is for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your progress. Always easier to work from a draft than no book at all:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on hitting your word count! Plot twists are great for reaching word count goals.

    And I agree with T.F...it's much easier to work from a draft than no book at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on hitting 30K. Wow! I'm celebrating Pixie Dust and giving away my book Insatiable Part 1 on Amazon today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty terrible would make me happy. But then I am not a writer I just sort of chatter. It's great that you are disciplined and got your word count where you want it. Happy revising.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on finishing the NaNo Camp and completing the 30k! I usually think my books are dreadful when I finish them too. Sometimes even revising doesn't change my mind. Good luck with the quiz team. That sounds like fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reaching your 30k goal is an amazing thing to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete