Friday, August 21, 2015

Celebrate the Small Things 21-8-15


This post is part of  Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things (Lexa has just taken it over from VikLit who has hosted it for the last 2 years). Head on over there to join up! 

So, what am I celebrating this week?



The weekend!

It's been a crazy week and I'm pretty exhausted.  I've barely had a chance to write, which is stressing me out a little because I'm supposed to be finishing this draft by the 31st, and I'm sure I'll make it.  I'll do my best, but my characters keep having other ideas

We're going to the beach tomorrow to catch up with a friend I haven't seen a few weeks.  The weather is supposed to be nice, so I'm looking forward to walking on the beach and having a nice day out of town.

It's my partner's 50th birthday on Monday so we have a big family lunch to go to on Sunday.  Somewhere in there I have to find time to bake a cake….

What are you celebrating this week?

10 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had an exhausting week. A nice stroll on the beach will cure all!!! Our book characters always seem to make trouble for us, but hopefully in a good way. Happy Birthday to your partner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so busy. Just take time to be in & enjoy the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow, you're so busy! I wish you luck on finishing the draft despite uncooperative characters. Have a great time at the beach. Happy Birthday to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound really busy. Hopefully that beach walk will restore your energy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck getting your draft finished! Have a great time at the beach:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those characters, always doing things on their own. Good luck with finishing :). The beach and the cake sound awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having time to rest after being busy is one of the best small pleasures. Hope your partner has a happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, have a good weekend, rest up, enjoy being with friends, Partner's birthday and the beach. I bet it ends up one of the best. (My family spent several generations in China. Tell your partner that it is courteous to ask of a Birthday person, 'What is your honorable age?' If you respond with a number below fifty, they will sympathize and assure you that you will assuredly get older. If you are fifty or older, they congratulate you. And the more above fifty you are, the happier they are for you. My 86 year old great-aunt Ursula was chuckling all the way back from Tientsin.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got so much on... You'll need a big vacation after getting everything done. Best of luck. you can do it:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the baking and the writing!

    ReplyDelete