Friday, November 27, 2015

Celebrate the Small Things 27-11-15




This post is part of Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things(Lexa has just taken it over from VikLit who has hosted it for the last 2 years). Head on over there to join up!

So, what am I celebrating this week?






I just got my MS back from one of my readers and she doesn't seem to think there are any big issues.  I haven't finished reading through her notes yet, but it doesn't sound like there are going to be big things to fix.  Although I did have an idea last night about a section I can easily cut out now that I changed the ending.  It won't cut the word-count a lot, but it will trim a thousand or so words...

I have nothing planned for the weekend which makes a nice change.  Well, except for presenting a screening and moderating a Q & A with the filmmakers on Sunday night.  But that should be fun.

Can you believe it's almost December?  Only a few more weeks before we break for Christmas.  And boy am I looking forward to that!  I must remember to book a holiday mid-year next year.  It's been far too long since I had any time off and I need a break.

What are you celebrating this week?

3 comments:

  1. It's good hat your reader didn't report any big issues. Good luck with cutting those thousand words. Just make sure nothing that happens is mentioned later. I always worry about then in my books.

    How's the weather in NZ? Are you going to enjoy a nice, warm Christmas break? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you got some positive (and useful) feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're presenting a screening and moderating? This new job of yours sounds so fun and exciting. I bet you meet a lot of interesting people. Glad to hear the ms is in good shape overall, and finding 1000 words to cut is certainly better than nothing. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete