Friday, January 15, 2016

Celebrate the small things 15-1-16


This post is part of Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up!

So what am I celebrating this week?

It's Friday!  I know it's only the first week back at work after the holidays, but it has felt like a long week.  I think that first week back always does....

My kids are still at the beach with their grandparents so it is delightfully quiet here.  My partner and I have been enjoying going out in the evenings without having to worry about who is going to look after the kids.  And even better, we have another whole week before they come home.  I have to admit, I do miss them a bit.

I am back into revising My Murder Year and it isn't going too badly.  Yet.  I haven't hit the snarly parts yet.  But I'll keep working, a chapter at a time, and hopefully in about a month or so I'll have something good enough to send my agent.

What are you celebrating this week?


6 comments:

  1. Yay for some free time to enjoy nights out! I'm looking forward to more My Murder Year chapters. I'm kinda amazed you think it'll be agent-ready in a month ... I've had a month to get the outline for my new novella written and am only a quarter through it. Argh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your revisions! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose the quiet is at least good for getting work done. I'm definitely more jealous of those kids at that gorgeous beach. Good luck with the revisions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the time off:) And yay on My Murder Year coming along nicely...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having some time away from the kids should always be savoured even though you miss them like hell - keep up the good work - Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck working with revisions, and have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete