Thursday, January 19, 2017

Celebrate the Small Things 20-1-17


This post is part of Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up!


So what am I celebrating this week?

It was my first week back at work after the summer break and it has been a struggle.  Luckily, Monday is a public holiday, so I get an extra weekend day to recover.  It seems ridiculous to feel like I need a long weekend after only one week back in the office, but…

The kids are still on vacation so the house has been quiet and my partner and I have had the opportunity to go out and enjoy ourselves without having to worry about babysitters.

On Tuesday I went to see Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and it was a fantastic concert.  He is just the most compelling performer.  I've been buzzing ever since.

What are you celebrating this week?

6 comments:

  1. Oh, summer, how I miss you! I hope you're enjoying it while it lasts. Be sure to have lots of fun before the kids get back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick Cave! I got into him a little around the time he did The Proposition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I think work is harder after a break; it takes a while to get back into the swing of things. Enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A quiet house is good sometimes. Enjoy.

    Marilyn @ Onbecomingawriter.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, work may have sucked, but at least you got a great concert to help your mood. I hope work settles down. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A long weekend is always good, but then the following week at work seems extra long. I don't know why....

    So glad you had a great time at the concert!!

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete