Monday, December 25, 2017

Weekly Goals 25-12-17

Merry Christmas to all of you who celebrate.  Happy Holidays to all of you who don't...

The big day is over here in New Zealand, and I survived my family descending en masse and cooking my first turkey in about 20 years (brining is the key, people).

Today is my friend Christina's birthday, so a new round of celebration is in order this evening.  We had plans to enjoy the balmy summer sun in the beer garden at a local pub, but it's chilly and rather damp today. Not that I'm complaining.  It's the first significant rain we've had in 48 days, so much needed for both gardens and the reservoirs.

The rest of this week is going to be all about relaxing and housework.  I like to start the new year with the house nice and clean, and it's especially important this year because I have a colleague coming to housesit and cat-sit while we are at the beach house.  So after tomorrow's trip to the gym, I'm rolling up my sleeves and tackling one room to make it as spotless as possible.

I think I'll start with our bedroom because it's probably the least challenging.

What are your plans this week?

2 comments:

  1. Ah, beach house! I miss the beach. I hope you have a happy new year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Housekeeping's on my list of things to do this week, too. Both literal housekeeping and some behind-the-scenes stuff on the writing front so I can start off 2018 fresh. Or, as close to it as I can get.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete